Saturday, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Try your hand at Foundation Piecing and Curved Piecing with Penni’s Nested Petal template and its Companion Curve template. This class is a beginner and beyond class allowing more advanced student to try a slightly more complex foundation design making it perfect for the beginner and advanced quilter. Learn a few new techniques and have fun with fabric and color.
We will be learning how to cut curved pieces on the grain line, prepare and sew a simple foundation pieced pattern, trim our paper piecing and sew basic curved pieces into a block.
Toolkit Available here. (Note: Class date may not be correct on the shop website. The date was moved from May to June.) The kit includes a Pickle Dish downloadable pattern, downloadable sewing sheets, the Nested Petal template and Pickle Dish Companion Curve template.
Class Cost does not include supply kit.
$35 GQCCC Member
$45 Sister Guild
Penni is giving discount code for people to use to order supplies and other items.
• General Sewing Supplies
• sewing machine, rotary cutter and mat, needles, scissors, pins, basic piecing thread and anything else you may need for general sewing.
• Proper foot and stitch plate for accurate 1/4 in seam
• Water soluble glue stick(s) or a water soluble sewing/applique glue (ex., Roxanne’s Glue Baste-it or similar product)
• Paper cutting scissors as well as sewing scissors.
• Light Box – If you own one… bring it. If you do not own one don’t fret. It isn’t necessary.
• Bring general quilting rulers for squaring up fabric and cutting your quilt. Specialty rulers are not necessary. Additional cutting templates are available for purchase to make cutting pattern pieces easier.
• Optional: Add-A-Quarter Ruler (if you have one… bring it, this will may your life easy)
We will be working primarily on one block (potentially two) on the day of the class to get the technique of paper piecing and curved piecing. If intending to make a lap size quilt… you will need approximately 2 yards of background fabric for curves but only need a FQ on the day of the class.
• 1 FQ for background
• 2 FQs of coordinating fabrics for foundation pieced stripes.
• 1 FQ of coordinating fabric for petal center
• 1 FQ of coordinating fabric for squares