Happy New Year’s Everyone!
Our January meeting will be Tuesday, Jan. 19, back at Centre Concord.
January is the beginning of a new year, and a busy time within our guild.
As quilters, we enjoy trunk shows by our wonderful guest speakers at our general meeting each month.
|Jan – Nancy Ritter||Jul – Judy Coates-Perez|
|Feb – Lisa McKissick||Aug – Outreach Sew In|
|Mar – Sandra Bruce||Sep – Jennifer Repack|
|Apr – Peggy Martin||Oct – Young-Min Lee|
|May – Yvonne Porcella||Nov – Jan Soules|
|Jun – Laura Fraga||Dec – Holiday Gathering|
As quilters, we enjoy learning new ideas and techniques from our Guest Speaker Classes:
As quilters, we like to learn from our member taught workshops, too, and Laura Mott is working on 2016 lineup as we speak. So be sure to read the newsletter and the website for updates.
As quilters, we like to get together and quilt, too. Mini groups meet mornings, afternoons and evenings, each day of the week at the Farmhouse and are open to all members. Workshops are held here and our library with over 1200 books is available to our members .
Like any family, we must plan, budget and work for what we would like to do. Our guild earns money through our annual Quilt Show, Opportunity Quit ticket sales and our membership fees.
April 2 and 3 are the days that this year’s Quilt Show is held. But work has already begun. The Quilt Show Committee had their first meeting in early October 2015 to start planning and organizing. Each month until quilt show will be a busy one as the guild prepares for the big event.
Viewers Choice quilt entry categories have been increased to encourage more members to participate. If this is your first adult quilt, there is a category; if you like making kits, there is a category; if you like doing your own design, there is a category….We have a category for you! So please enter the show this year. Personally, I would rather see one quilt from every member than 6-10 from one person. All of us are doing something we love so let’s share with others by showing what we have done.
January General Meeting:
- Signups begin for the hundreds of volunteer positions that make our Quilt Show so successful. Quilt Show committee members will be in Centre Concord Lobby at 6:15 pm so come early to sign up. Signups will continue at the February and March general meetings.
- March 14th is the last day that Quilt Entry Forms will be accepted.
- At both the January and February general meetings, a photographer will be available to take a photo of your quilt(s) to attach to the Quilt Show Entry form, for $1 per quilt, so bring your quilt to the meeting.
- Questions about entering a quilt? Mary Pimentel-Wheeler will be there to assist. March 14th is the last day that Quilt Entry Forms will be accepted.
- Country Store raises a lot of money for the guild each year. Donations of fabric, quilt books, and tools are accepted at the January, February and March general meetings or contact Mary Stockler who is available to answer any questions.
- Pick up your Opportunity Quilt tickets and take care of that small task.
- Enjoy the Program – Our own Nancy Ritter is guest speaker and the Viewers’ Choice Winner at our quilt show for the last several years.
- Go home to bed. Dream about the colors, patterns and textiles of fabric, the great variety of techniques in quilting, and the next quilt you are going to make!